Sunday, October 5, 2008

New Surprise

I received a phone call this week from a friend from the past. She stated that years ago while at her establishment I had commented on an old organ that she had. She stated that I had let her know if she every got rid of it, I might would like to have it for Jeremy. Well, she let me know that she no longer needed the organ and would I be interested in it. I told her if the price was right that I might. She made a few phone calls and called me back and said "What if I give this organ to you, would you take it?". I made a phone call to Jeremy and then called her back and said "yes" and then Jeremy and I went to pick it up Friday night. After nearly killing myself from falling with a ladder from about 12 feet up and crashing into another ladder which broke under my fall as I hit the ground, we loaded it up and headed home. I really did not need another organ so I called my sister Diane Green who husband pastors in Broaddus(correct pronunciation Lynn) and let her know that I was giving a surprise to her for her to use at church if she wanted, but the gift was hers. Then I sent her pictures and she started to cry on the phone with joy. It feels great to give to someone just to hear their happiness. So, my sister will be receiving a new to her "1963 Hammond A-105 (B3 in a home cabinet) with a 125 leslie organ in perfect shape this next weekend. I love you sis.

6 comments:

Gene Holley said...

Awesome! She deserves it!

Keith and Carla said...

Wonderful!!!

Karla said...

I'm so excited for Diane!!! This is wonderful!

Linda Elms said...

AHHH! I know she will LOVE IT! You're a GREAT brother!

Diane Green said...

Dear James,
Words fail me to express my thankfulness and appreciation to you for the "new surprise". I am still shocked and at the same time sooo excited. Remember, you were the one who showed me how to play any song with three cords when we went to Broaddus (in Eb no less during the crash course - lol) and even though I am a "one chord for the Lord" player, you have always been supportive of me. Maybe now I can move up to a 2 or 3 chords for the Lord player. I know God will bless you as you have blessed me and others. I guess Jeremy will have to show his ol' Aunt Diane a few licks and tricks - he can tear up an organ and I even think he could throw his foot up there to play and it would sound great! Reminds me of Zippy the monkey playing the piano on the old home movies! Thank you again.
Much love and appreciation- Diane

JAMES said...

Oh my word, I had forgot about zippy...That was one funny 8mm movie. Better have a lot of help when I get there this weekend. This is heavy and Jeremy is not with me. Played it before we loaded it on the trailer monday and it sounds wonderful. Has not been played in 14 years

RockYou Widget